Four Pune residents killed in Himachal accidentSeptember 26th, 2008 - 5:22 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Sep 26 (IANS) Four people, all employees of the municipal corporation of Pune in Maharashtra, were killed and 33 injured when their bus fell into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh’s Kullu district Friday afternoon. They were on their way to Delhi from Manali, 300 km from here, when the accident took place.
According to Kullu Superintendent of Police Jagat Ram, the bus belonged to a private transport company in Jalandhar in Punjab.
“Fifty-one people were on a study tour to Himachal and Punjab. They reached Manali from Shimla a few days ago. They also visited Jalandhar,” Ram told IANS.
While most of the injured were admitted to the Kullu district hospital, one has been referred to the PGI, Chandigarh.
The dead include Anil Thapa, Joshi Narsingh Chintaman and Ankush Ramchander.
- Six die in Himachal accident - Mar 09, 2011
- Bus with over 30 people falls into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Seven killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Four children killed in Himachal house callapse - Aug 17, 2011
- 15 Ladakh artists killed in Himachal bus accident - Aug 15, 2011
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 34 killed in Himachal bus accident (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Himachal likely to get 50,000 weekend tourists - Aug 09, 2012
- Tourists rescued from Himachal hills - Jan 05, 2012
- 39 people have died in Himachal rains - Sep 10, 2011
- Incessant rains in Himachal, rivers in spate - Aug 21, 2012
- Shutdown hits commercial life in Himachal (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Himachal in line for more snow (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Five die in Himachal accident - Aug 01, 2012
- Five killed as Manali-Delhi bus rolls down gorge in Himachal (Lead) - Dec 22, 2009