Four probe agencies to seek Jundal’s custody FridayJuly 19th, 2012 - 10:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) Four different probe agencies will approach a Delhi court Friday for seeking custody of 26/11 plotter Abu Jundal Hamza for his alleged involvement in different cases.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav July 5 granted Delhi Police the custody of Jundal for 15 days, rejecting the pleas of other probe agencies.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA), the Gujarat Police, the Mumbai police and the Pune police are keen to take him into their custody for questioning.
A police official of the special cell, Delhi Police’s specialised anti-terror unit, told IANS that they would not seek further custody of the accused.
Jundal’s custody was handed to Delhi Police twice. He will complete 30 days in their custody Friday.
The Delhi Police had sought his remand on the basis of investigations into his alleged involvement in collecting illegal weapons.
The NIA said it wanted Jundal’s custody as the matter being investigated by it was a prospective one as it was engaged in averting another 26/11 strike.
The Mumbai Police wanted to bring the accused face-to-face with 26/11 convict and Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab.
The Pune police told the court in their plea that the accused was required to be confronted with other accused in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case.
The Gujarat Police July 6 sought Jundal’s custody in connection with his role in recruiting youth from the state for training in terror camps.
Jundal’s counsel M.S. Khan had said that he would oppose the applications of different probe agency seeking custodial interrogation of his client.
- 26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Now, Gujarat cops seek Jundal's custody - Jul 06, 2012
- Court allows lawyer to defend Jundal - Jul 09, 2012
- Four agencies seek Jindal's custody - Jul 05, 2012
- Mumbai police want to confront Hamza with Kasab (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to police custody till July 31 (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till Sep 24 - Sep 10, 2012
- Delhi cops to question Abu Jindal for 15 more days (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Jundal sent to police custody in Nashik attack plot - Sep 11, 2012
- NIA has joined Jindal interrogation, court told - Jul 04, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal abandoned family for terrorism - Jul 08, 2012
- Jundal was planning another 26/11-type strike: Investigators - Jul 06, 2012
- Court declines to give Hamza custody to Mumbai police (lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Jundal wants his confession to be recorded - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: ajmal, aurangabad, convict, custodial interrogation, delhi court, delhi police, gujarat police, hamza, illegal weapons, investigation agency, investigations, magistrate, mumbai police, national investigation, New Delhi, plea, police official, pune police, remand, yadav