Four policemen involved in sex racket suspendedJune 10th, 2009 - 4:01 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 10 (IANS) Four policemen in Uttar Pradesh’s Basti district were suspended Wednesday for allegedly running a sex racket from their official quarters, an official said Wednesday.
“An enquiry has also been initiated against the four constables, who were caught with two call girls Tuesday night at the police residential quarters,” a district police spokesperson told IANS by phone.
Investigations revealed that Manoj Patel, one of the suspended constables, used to run a prostitution ring with the other three police men, who would solicit clients. Basti is 275 km from here.
The police raided the apartment after a complaint by neighbours.
- Policemen arrested for extortion - Nov 02, 2011
- Dalit murder case: Cops suspended - Jun 09, 2009
- Cop dies, 20 colleagues faint during physical test - Jul 20, 2011
- Four Uttar Pradesh cops suspended - Sep 30, 2011
- Six UP cops booked for murdering colleague - May 09, 2012
- Four arrested with counterfeit currency notes - Jun 30, 2009
- Woman killed in clash during police raid - Feb 05, 2011
- Four cops suspended after sting operation - Jun 02, 2010
- Seven suspended after hooch claims six lives - Sep 08, 2010
- Five cops suspended for custodial death - Jan 07, 2011
- Man dies in police custody, three cops suspended - Jun 21, 2010
- Principal suspended for molesting girl students - Mar 05, 2011
- Prisoners 'escort' cops to police station - Sep 04, 2010
- Four cops held for supplying arms to Maoists - May 14, 2010
- Five held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 07, 2010