Four people drown in canal in NoidaMay 13th, 2008 - 3:16 am ICT by admin
Greater Noida, May 12 (IANS) Three women and a boy were drowned when the tractor trolley in which they were travelling fell into a canal here Monday. The tractor was taking 25 people to Bulandshar when the accident occurred near Samna in Greater Noida.
According to superintendent of police, rural, Babu Ram, the tractor trolley was transporting farmers’ families to Bulandshar after attending a night prayer (jagran) in village Raghvir Garhi.
The driver lost control and the vehicle fell into the upper Ganges canal near Samana. The deceased were identified as Savitri, Chanda, Murti and Sorav (8). About a dozen people injured were admitted to a hospital at Dadri. Their condition was said to be improving.
- 2 killed, 16 injured in Ghaziabad accident - Mar 11, 2012
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Eight women electrocuted in Haryana - Aug 28, 2010
- Greens up against Mayawati's dream expressway (With Image) - Jun 06, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh accident toll rises to 24 - Feb 09, 2010
- 3 killed in Noida accident - Aug 07, 2009
- Eight women electrocuted in Haryana, four injured (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 28, 2010
- Four Haryana devotees die as car plunges into canal - Sep 06, 2011
- Two students killed in Greater Noida accident - Aug 27, 2010
- Truck crushes three siblings in Greater Noida - Jul 14, 2011
- Husband of village pradhan shot dead - Sep 23, 2011
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- 12 children killed as bus falls in canal - Mar 20, 2012
- Three minors drown in Bhakra canal - Jan 23, 2011
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011