Four Pakistanis drown in wellJune 21st, 2012 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 21 (IANS) Four Pakistani men - including two brothers - drowned in a well after the first man went down to repair a water pump and the others rushed to rescue him, police said Thursday
The incident took place in Chak Amral village in Chauntra near Rawalpindi Wednesday night, Dawn News reported.
Aqib Mehmood, 25, climbed down the well to check its water pump after it stopped working, but fell off and drowned. Seeing his brother drowning, 22-year-old Raqib also went down into the well but met with the same fate.
Four of their friends, who were standing outside, jumped into the well to rescue them, but two of them — 19-year-old Adeel Mohammad and 25-year-old Asif Zaman also drowned.
The other two friends — Nadeemul Islam and Ameer Dad — were rescued by villagers who rushed to the well on hearing the noises. They were taken to hospital.
- Disabled man rescues girl from well - Dec 29, 2011
- Cowell rescues drowning people - Aug 31, 2012
- Baby elephant in well, rescued - Jan 05, 2011
- Eight Chinese nationals arrested in Himachal (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Blasphemy accused gunned down in Pakistan - Mar 05, 2011
- Russian teens to get award for saving teacher - Apr 09, 2012
- Eight suspected Taiwanese arrested in Himachal (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Two drown off Mumbai's Juhu beach - Aug 20, 2012
- Father dies saving son at sea - Apr 10, 2012
- Toll in Uttar Pradesh accident 69, 23 yet to be identified - Jul 11, 2011
- Flash floods hit parts of Jammu region - Aug 04, 2012
- Man stuck in tunnel for five days, rescue efforts on - Jan 18, 2011
- 11 Russian sailors drown on rescue bid in the Arctic - Aug 28, 2010
- Six students drown during stopover in southern Turkey - May 22, 2012
- Three drown at Mumbai's Aksa Beach (Lead) - Apr 14, 2010