Four of family killed in Uttar PradeshDecember 4th, 2010 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 4 (IANS) Four members of a family, who were returning home from Haj, the annual pilgrimage to Mecca, were killed when the car they were travelling in collided with a speeding truck in Uttar Pradesh’s Jyotiba Phule Nagar district Saturday, police said.
The accident took place along the National Highway-24 near Gajraula town when the truck rammed into the Scorpio car carrying seven members of a family. Three people were critically injured.
“Those killed had arrived at Delhi airport and were on their way to their home town Gajraula along with their other family members when the accident took place,” police inspector O.P. Rana told reporters in Jyotiba Phule Nagar, some 300 km from Lucknow.
“An elderly man, his two sons and a daughter-in-law died in the accident. The other three injured in the accident are being treated at a hospital. The condition of all the injured is stated to be serious,” he said.
Police are yet to nab the truck driver who managed to escape after the accident.
- Six of family killed in accident - Oct 13, 2011
- Six killed in Uttar Pradesh warehouse collapse - Dec 24, 2009
- 15 dead in Uttar Pradesh road mishap - Jun 25, 2012
- Police honour man for saving 600 lives on highway - Feb 20, 2011
- Three die after consuming illicit liquor - Apr 06, 2011
- Seven killed as car rams into police booth - Nov 23, 2011
- Prisoners 'escort' cops to police station - Sep 04, 2010
- Protesters in UP torch vehicles, attack police - Jul 16, 2012
- 12 killed in two accidents in Maharashtra - May 24, 2011
- Eight killed in Andhra road accident - Oct 30, 2010
- Nine of family killed in Haryana accident (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Eight killed in Haryana accident - Aug 26, 2012
- Six of a family die in accident - May 23, 2011
- Seven pilgrims die in Agra road accident - May 01, 2010
- Five of family killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Feb 11, 2011