Four of family burnt to death in HaryanaMarch 9th, 2009 - 6:04 pm ICT by IANS
Karnal (Haryana), March 9 (IANS) Four members of a family were burnt to death Monday when a fire broke out in their hut here, police said.
The incident took place in a small hut of Shiv Colony in Karnal, 125 km from state capital Chandigarh.
Jagmohan Singh, 32, his 30-year-old wife and their two minor sons died in the incident, a police officer said.
Deputy commissioner of Karnal Chander Parkash visited the spot and announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs.100,000 to the next of kin of each of those dead.
- Five killed in Punjab factory blast - Sep 12, 2012
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Delhi cabinet approves hike in ex-gratia amount - Mar 09, 2011
- PM calls for end to Assam violence, assures proper probe (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Punjab to pay for transporting bodies of gurdwara victims - Aug 07, 2012
- Woman killed as lightning strikes UP village - Aug 31, 2012
- Apex court issues notice in 2004 Tamil Nadu school fire case - Feb 04, 2011
- Meghalaya announces compensation for riot victims - Jan 12, 2011
- Railway Minister announces Rs. 2 lakh as ex-gratia to kin of train-auto accident victim in Bihar - Oct 09, 2010
- Railway Minister announces Rs. 2 lakh as ex-gratia to kin of train-auto accident in Bihar - Oct 09, 2010
- Gandhi effect: Full on help for Haryana's Dalit victims - May 09, 2010
- Court rejects plea of armyman's widow for relief - Aug 28, 2011
- Eight women electrocuted in Haryana, four injured (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 28, 2010
- Kashmir unrest: Omar Abdullah sanctions Rs 5 crore for 102 killed - Mar 15, 2011
- Three killed after falling from overcrowded Mumbai train (Second Lead) - Apr 19, 2012