Four of a family murdered in ChhattisgarhMay 10th, 2009 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, May 10 (IANS) Four members of a family were found murdered Sunday in a forested hamlet of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Chaitram, his wife Kubri Bai and their two minor sons Pramod and Manoj, who were residents of Vimtala village of northern Korba district, were found dead in a forested pocket under the Katghora police station of the same district.
“They were killed by sharp-edged weapons probably two or three days back and their bodies were dumped in the forest and were recovered today,” Lalji Shukla, Katghora police station in-charge, told IANS by telephone.
He said the family members had left their village for a marriage ceremony earlier in the week and had been killed on their way back.
- Jumbo herd moves in, families flee in Chhattisgarh - Jul 18, 2011
- Man hacks wife, five daughters to death - Feb 20, 2012
- Maoists kill special police officer in Chhattisgarh - Feb 14, 2011
- Tribal villagers help nab kidnappers in Orissa - Jan 29, 2011
- Tribal families spend nights outside due to wild jumbos - Jan 03, 2012
- Jumbos' terror back to haunt Chhattisgarh tribals - Sep 26, 2011
- Wild jumbos kill one, demolish houses in Chhattisgarh - Jun 16, 2009
- Parents chop off girl's nose over her love marriage - Apr 22, 2011
- Maoists abduct two villagers - Jan 10, 2012
- Six of family killed in UP - May 28, 2012
- Chhattisgarh villagers migrate as elephants run amok - Oct 08, 2010
- Five killed in Chhattisgarh power plant accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Jumbos kill 116 in Chhattisgarh in five years - Mar 01, 2011
- Three abducted Chhattisgarh tribals still traceless - Jan 09, 2011
- Three of family killed in Chhattisgarh - Jun 10, 2010