Four naval personnel killed at Vizag dockyard (Lead)May 18th, 2011 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 18 (IANS) Four Indian Navy personnel, including two officers, were killed Wednesday in an accident at the navyal dockyard at Visakhapatnam on the east coast, an officer said.
The accident occurred when the floodgate at the ship repair unit of the dockyard collapsed, navy spokesman Commander T.L.P. Babu told reporters.
A commander, a lieutenant commander and a senior sailor were killed on the spot. Another sailor who was injured succumbed at a hospital.
The dead have been identified as Commander Ashwini Kumar, Lieutenant Commander Ranveer, senior sailor Madhu Babu and sailor Rajesh.
Visakhapatnam is the headquarters of the Eastern Naval Command.
- Three naval personnel killed at dockyard - May 18, 2011
- Navy decommissions submarine INS Vagli in Visakhapatnam - Dec 10, 2010
- Western Naval Command's base depot commissioned - Jul 10, 2012
- Coast Guard inducts inshore patrol ship - Aug 29, 2012
- Indian warships wrap up China visit - Jun 19, 2012
- India's coastal security plan yet to take off (Three years after 26/11) - Nov 25, 2011
- President Patil reviews naval fleet - Dec 20, 2011
- Navy, Air Force conduct joint training exercise in Visakhapatnam - Nov 26, 2010
- Rammed warship catches fire, listing; probe ordered - Jan 31, 2011
- Vice Admiral Thapliyal is Indian Navy chief of personnel - Jan 27, 2012
- Show of might at president's naval fleet review Dec 20 - Dec 15, 2011
- Indian Navy inducts Italian-built fleet tanker (Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Indian Navy inducts second sail training ship - Jan 27, 2012
- Fleet tanker INS Deepak joins Navy's Western Fleet - Jan 21, 2011
- US ship didn't warn Indian fishermen: Dubai police chief - Jul 19, 2012