Four nabbed for duping railway job seekersAugust 25th, 2012 - 11:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) Four people were arrested here for duping over 100 unemployed people of Rs.2 crore on the pretext of getting them jobs in the Indian Railways, police said Saturday.
The accused used to cheat job seekers by providing them fake admit cards and appointment letters pertaining to the Indian Railways.
Following a complaint Aug 20 by Rajesh Kumar, a resident of Himachal Pradesh, the mastermind of the gang, Yashpal Sharma, 39, and his associate Namo Narain Singh, 40, were arrested Wednesday evening from north Delhi’s Rohini.
Sharma, a resident of Rohtak in Haryana, worked as a salesman with a private company in Delhi. He lives in a rented flat in Sector 28 in Rohini while his father works as a booking clerk in the Indian Railways, police said.
“The accused men revealed the name of their two other associates Manoj Gupta, 33, and Surender Pratap Pandey, 50, who were arrested later,” said Sanjay Kumar Jain, deputy commissioner of police (crime and railways).
“Sharma along with his associates ran a fake recruitment racket and duped hundreds of unemployed youth across Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir,” Jain added.
- Man arrested for duping youth - Sep 29, 2011
- Railway job racket busted, 5 arrested - Apr 27, 2012
- Man arrested for cheating in Delhi - Jun 08, 2012
- Fake job racket, headed by Delhi Police constable, busted - Apr 30, 2012
- Two arrested for cheating - Nov 02, 2011
- Warden booked for sodomising mentally disabled in Haryana - Jul 02, 2012
- INLD demands judicial probe into villager's murder - Jun 10, 2011
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Man held for duping people with fake jobs - Oct 15, 2011
- Man held for job fraud - Dec 27, 2011
- Son demands CBI probe in death of Haryana murder witness - Jun 16, 2011
- Two arrested in Delhi for killing elderly woman - Aug 16, 2012
- Man held for posing as Sheila Dikshit aide - Dec 06, 2011
- Two railway staff held for running job racket - May 16, 2011
- Two held with opium in Delhi - Jun 02, 2012
Tags: appointment letters, booking clerk, commissioner of police, crore, deputy commissioner, himachal pradesh, indian railways, job seekers, namo, north delhi, police crime, pratap, rajesh kumar, rohini, rohtak, rs 2, sanjay kumar, surender, unemployed youth, yashpal sharma