Four Maoists held in ChhattisgarhOctober 14th, 2010 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Oct 14 (IANS) Four armed Maoists were arrested in Chhattisgarh Thursday after a brief gun battle with the police in restive Bastar region, officials said.
A strong contingent of heavily armed police personnel raided a forested hideout of Maoists in Bijapur district and opened fire on rebels who retaliated, Superintendent of Police R.N. Das told reporters.
Police managed to apprehend four rebels while the others escaped into the nearby forests, he said.
Bijapur is one of the worst Maoist-affected districts of the state along with Bastar, Dantewada, Narayanpur and Kanker that form the 40,000 sq km Bastar region - considered the hotbed of the left-wing rebels since the late 1980s.
- Three armed Maoists held in Chhattisgarh - Mar 05, 2011
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- Maoists blow up new police station in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- 25 kg landmine defused in Chhattisgarh - May 10, 2011
- Six held in raids at Maoists hideout - Mar 19, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cop killed in Maoist attack - Sep 16, 2011
- Maoists blow up police station in Chhattisgarh - Dec 27, 2011
- Landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - Apr 28, 2011
- Maoists kill six cops in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Maoists abduct two villagers - Jan 10, 2012
- Three Maoists held in Chhattisgarh - Aug 17, 2010
- After attack, Chhattisgarh hunts for Maoists - Oct 22, 2011
- Maoists fire at bus, two rebels killed (Lead) - Oct 19, 2010
- Maoists torch road building vehicles - Oct 18, 2010
- 10 killed as Maoists trap police party in ambush (Third Lead) - Aug 20, 2011