Four Madhya Pradesh cops booked for raping womanJune 5th, 2009 - 11:12 am ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 5 (IANS) Four policemen have been booked for raping a woman in Madhya Pradesh’s Betul district, police said Friday.
The woman, a resident of Jambara village, was arrested for involvement in a dowry harassment case and presented in a local court Tuesday.
The court ordered that she be sent to jail but she was kept at the Amla police station for the night as prisoners are not allowed entry into the jail after 6 p.m.
On Wednesday, after being sent to jail, she alleged that four policemen had raped her. This was confirmed after a medical examination Thursday.
A case was registered against the four policemen later Thursday.
- Man slapped by police for trying to register FIR - Mar 23, 2012
- Betul case: Madhya Pradesh removes SP, suspends DSP - Mar 26, 2012
- Woman beats man to death for harassing her - Jun 20, 2011
- Army officer surrenders in dowry case - Nov 15, 2011
- Cop caught on camera raping woman, dismissed (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- 10 arrested for helping criminals escape police custody - Apr 30, 2010
- Policeman booked for rape in UP - Jul 23, 2012
- Legislator's rape-accused nephew arrested - Feb 08, 2011
- Arrest of ex-minister sought in Odisha gang rape - Mar 05, 2012
- Railway constable held for rape - Sep 06, 2012
- Deaf and dumb woman gang raped at knife-point - Feb 24, 2012
- Case against police station: Five cops suspended - Jun 17, 2011
- British team in Punjab to probe murder case - Sep 17, 2010
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Bhatta-Parsaul rape: Court orders FIR against 30 cops - Nov 18, 2011