Four labourers killed as mound of soil collapsesMarch 31st, 2008 - 1:54 pm ICT by admin
Patna, March 31(IANS) Four construction workers were killed and two injured when a huge mound of soil fell on top of them in Bihar’s Madhubani district, police said Monday. District administration officials said the labourers were constructing a bridge when the mound collapsed on them Sunday.
“They were buried alive when the huge mound of soil collapsed,” an official said.
The dead have been identified as Rajeev Paswan, 20, Munai Paswan, 27, Shyam Paswan, 21 and Badri Paswan, 45. They were residents of Bhagwatipur village in the district, police sources said.
The family members of the victims have demanded compensation from the state government.
- 16 killed in train-vehicle collision in Bihar - May 23, 2011
- Six die in Madhya Pradesh as soil caves in - Jun 04, 2009
- Three women labourers buried alive - Apr 19, 2011
- Four of family gunned down in Bihar - Jun 30, 2012
- Maoists abduct 14 in Bihar - Nov 01, 2011
- Six security personnel killed in Manipur mudslide - Jul 06, 2011
- Eight labourers killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- Nine workers killed as stadium part collapses in Tamil Nadu - Aug 06, 2012
- Four killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar - Aug 10, 2012
- Seven killed in Rajasthan building collapses - Jun 05, 2012
- Two labourers die while unloading marble slabs - Aug 10, 2010
- Two labourers buried alive in Himachal - Apr 03, 2012
- Two government officials shot dead in Bihar - Mar 02, 2012
- Five killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Four labourers buried under mound of earth in Haryana - May 17, 2012