Four labourers buried under mound of earth in HaryanaMay 17th, 2012 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 17 (IANS) Four labourers were killed and another one was seriously injured while they were working on a project under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MNREGS) in Haryana’s Yamunanagar district Thursday, officials said.
The labourers were buried after the mound of earth, which they were excavating in Salempur Kohi village of Yamunanagar district, 110 km from the state capital, caved in on them. All of them belonged to the same village.
“All the injured were immediately rushed to the Civil Hospital (Yamunanagar), where four of them were declared as brought dead whereas the fifth was referred to PGIMER, Chandigarh, for treatment,” Yamunanagar Deputy Commissioner Ashok Sangwan said.
“The government has ordered an enquiry by Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Bilaspur, Ashwani Maingi, to look into the circumstances leading to the death of four labourers and serious injuries to another labourer,” Sangwan said, adding that the SDM has been asked to submit his report within 10 days.
- Haryana officials to face action for delaying help - Jun 23, 2011
- After accident, Haryana district to regulate traffic - Apr 29, 2011
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- Sand mafia attacks cops, officials in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 10, 2012
- Three school children among five killed in accident - Dec 25, 2011
- Farmers stir turns violent, top official shot (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Seven killed in Himachal road accident - Apr 17, 2012
- Woman killed as lightning strikes UP village - Aug 31, 2012
- UP suspends four officials after violence - Jun 26, 2012
- 11 EVMs replaced in Punjab after tampering complaint - Jan 30, 2012
- 12 killed in Haryana accident - Aug 02, 2012
- Eight women killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Punjab dissolves all improvement trusts - Jul 11, 2012
- Official blamed for lapses in child workers' rescue - Mar 21, 2011
- Six die in Madhya Pradesh as soil caves in - Jun 04, 2009