Four killed, two injured in four Delhi incidents (Lead)July 9th, 2010 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 9 (IANS) Four people were killed and two seriously injured in four separate incidents in the capital Friday, police said.
A 40-year-old woman and her five-year-old son were found brutally murdered at their home in Patel Nagar area in central Delhi. Property dealer Pawan Nangia returned home at about 3 a.m. to find the bodies of his wife Anuradha and son Cherish.
“The entry into the house seems to be friendly. The attacker first strangulated them (the mother and the son) and then stabbed them with a sharp object several times,” a police officer said.
Pawan Nangia had left home around 3 p.m. Thursday and returned around 3 a.m. after partying with friends. He found the doors of his house open and his wife and son lying in a pool of blood, police said.
“We have sent the bodies for autopsy to ascertain the time and cause of death,” a police officer said.
In another incident in south Delhi, a woman and her daughter were stabbed at 7.15 a.m. at B-block in Lajpat Nagar.
“Fortyfive-year-old Monica and her 20-year-old daughter Dolly were attacked when Monica’s husband Sanjay was not at home,” another police officer said.
Monica and Sanjay lived in a rented accommodation on the second floor of the building. According to police, the accused made a friendly entry into the house and then closed the main door and attacked Monica and Dolly with an iron rod.
The landlord of the building, Bharat Bhushan Bhutani, tried to nab the accused but he managed to escape. In the process, the accused left his car keys and a cell phone, through which police are trying to track him. He also left behind his grey-coloured Santro car bearing registration number DL 8 CJ 4987.
Police are also looking for the car’s owner.
Monica and Dolly are admitted in the Moolchand Hospital.
In the third incident, a 45-year-old cashier of a Mother Dairy was shot dead by unidentified assailants in north Delhi. Harish Gulati was killed at 12 noon in Sector 3 of Rohini.
“The incident took place when Gulati was on his way for collection,” said a police officer.
The officer said the accused also robbed Gulati of Rs.15,000.
In yet another incident, a body of a pregnant woman was found in Geeta Colony in east Delhi.
The body of 25-year-old woman was found under a pipeline in the colony. “Her face has been disfigured. The incident took place around midnight,” according to police.
- Delhi student found dead at friend's house - Jul 02, 2012
- Minor helps Delhi Police to solve murder mystery - Jul 26, 2012
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Businessman's guard arrested for opening fire - Nov 17, 2011
- 65-year-old woman killed in Delhi home - Sep 06, 2012
- Mother, son found murdered at their Delhi home - Jul 09, 2010
- Two double murders leave Ludhiana shocked - Feb 03, 2012
- Pedestrian stabbed for shouting at rash driver - Nov 26, 2011
- Husband, wife arrested for murder - Jun 22, 2011
- Mother, daughter attacked in Delhi - Jul 09, 2010
- Man stabbed in road rage - Oct 28, 2011
- Couple found dead in Delhi - Jun 21, 2010
- Pregnant Asian Muslim stabbed to death in Britain - May 09, 2012
- Afghan woman murdered in Delhi - Mar 04, 2012
- Woman in rickshaw shot dead in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: anuradha, bharat bhushan, car keys, cause of death, central delhi, dolly, gulati, harish, iron rod, north delhi, partying, patel nagar, police officer, pool of blood, registration number, rented accommodation, sanjay, santro car, south delhi, unidentified assailants