Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidentsAugust 22nd, 2012 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 21 (IANS) Four people were killed, while another was seriously injured when in two separate accidents in Rajasthan’s Sirohi district and Jaipur Tuesday, police said.
According to police, the first accident occurred near Pindwara area in Sirohi, some 400 km from Jaipur, when a truck rammed into a passenger vehicle.
“There were four passengers in the vehicle. It seems the truck lost balance near a speed breaker and rammed into the vehicle. Three of the passengers - Lakhan Singh, Chhothmal and Laxman Singh - were killed on the spot, while the driver Mahendra sustained injuries,” a police officer said.
The truck driver escaped leaving the vehicle on the spot.
“A first information report (FIR) has been registered against him for rash and negligent driving,” said the officer.
In another accident in Jaipur, Yogendra Saxena, 25, died when his bike as hit by an unidentified car in Shyam Nagar area here around 10 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
“Yogendra sustained serious injuries on his head. Some passers-by rushed him to a hospital where doctors declared him dead. The car sped away from the spot,” said a police officer.
- Doctor killed in Jaipur accident - Jul 23, 2012
- Seven killed in Rajasthan road accident - May 06, 2012
- Three killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan accident - Apr 16, 2012
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- Four killed in Rajasthan accident - Aug 18, 2012
- Seven run over by truck in Jodhpur - May 29, 2012
- Three monks killed in Jaipur car accident - Jun 28, 2012
- Women Kabaddi team's bus catches fire, two die - Nov 17, 2011
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Kashmir road accidents - May 11, 2011
- Two woman cops, three others killed in Rajasthan accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- 11-year-old killed in school bus accident - Mar 14, 2012
- Himachal Congress chief injured in accident - Dec 06, 2011
- Four dead in freak multi-vehicle accident (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- 20 cars damaged in chain collision - Nov 04, 2011
- Rajasthan town remains tense after clash, curfew on - Aug 17, 2012