Four killed in two Mumbai accidentsOctober 29th, 2008 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 29 (IANS) Four people, including three members of a family on an outing, were killed in two accidents Wednesday on a road in Mumbai suburb which is home to several shopping malls and call centres, the police said.In the first accident, college student Vinayak S. Sharma (18) was thrown of his motorcycle after it collided with a car coming from the opposite direction on the Link Road in northwest suburb of Malad.
Car driver Rohan Uday Chunekar, a resident of Borivli suburb, has been arrested, said inspector T. Nalawade of Bangur Nagar police station.
Barely 12 hours later, a municipal tanker rammed into a motorcycle of a family of four which was on an outing on the occasion of Padwa, the day after Diwali which Maharashtrians celebrate as business New Year’s day, around 2.30 p.m. Wednesday, Nalawade said.
Raghuvir Malaviya, his wife Savita and two minor children Bhavna and Bhavesh were on the Link Road when the tanker rammed into their motorcycle.
While Savita was thrown off the two-wheeler and sustained serious injuries, the tanker ran over her husband and two children, killing them on the spot, Nalawade said.
The tanker belonged to R-Ward of the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai and was driven by T. Fernandes, who has been arrested, he added.
The busy Link Road, running from Bandra to Dahisar, is home to several shopping malls and call centres.
- Fire in Mumbai mall - Jul 25, 2012
- Local trains hit as rains lash Mumbai - Aug 29, 2011
- Mumbai still soaking in World Cup win - Apr 03, 2011
- Mumbai blaze guts three shopping plazas, three firemen hurt - Nov 26, 2011
- B-town tweets Happy Gudi Padwa, navratras - Mar 23, 2012
- Actor Ronit Roy held after accident, granted bail - Oct 27, 2011
- Eight killed in Kenya road accident - Dec 19, 2011
- Maharashtra celebrates Gudi Padwa - Mar 23, 2012
- Senior Delhi cop praises Ronit Roy - Oct 28, 2011
- Heavy rains continue in Maharashtra - Sep 04, 2012
- Heavy rains slow down life in Mumbai - Jul 13, 2011
- Harvest festival adds to World Cup joy in Maharashtra - Apr 04, 2011
- Nine killed as tempo rams into truck - Nov 30, 2011
- Railway inspector in dock for corruption - Feb 26, 2012
- Rains bring cheers and woes to Mumbai - Jul 08, 2011