Four killed in Russia earthquakeOctober 11th, 2008 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Oct 11 (Xinhua) At least four people were killed Saturday when an earthquake jolted the northern Caucasus region in Russia, the Interfax news agency reported. The quake at 13.05 p.m. (0905 GMT) jolted the Dagestan, Chechnya, Ingushetia, North Ossetia and Stavropol regions, the report quoted the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry as saying.
The intensity of the quake was around 5.0 on the Richter scale, it said.
The epicentre of the quake was in Chechnya, 122 km northwest of Makhachkala city in southwestern Russia, according to the report.
- At least 12 killed in Russia earthquake - Oct 12, 2008
- Six policemen killed in Russia attack - Sep 06, 2012
- Russia needs university to teach about Islam: official - Dec 07, 2010
- Six militants killed in Russia - May 13, 2012
- Quake jolts China - Jul 25, 2011
- Two militants killed in Russia - Oct 23, 2010
- Russia killed 300 militants in North Caucasus in 2011 - Dec 03, 2011
- Three dead in North Caucasus blast - Sep 22, 2011
- Two terrorists held over deadly attack in Russia - May 31, 2011
- Hiddink slams UEFA ban for Anzhi home arena - Jul 13, 2012
- Car bomb kills four in Russia - Sep 28, 2011
- Amnesty slams Russia for human rights violation - May 13, 2011
- Gunmen attack investigators' car in Russia - May 22, 2010
- Three militants killed in Dagestan - Jun 11, 2011
- Russian police kill five militants in Dagestan - Jun 16, 2010