Four killed in road accidents in DelhiAugust 14th, 2011 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 14 (IANS) Four people, including a 45-year-old woman, were killed in three road accidents in the capital, police said Sunday.
The first incident took place in Dhaula Kuan in south Delhi early Sunday morning.
“Two people suffered critical injuries while a woman lost her life in the accident. The trio were travelling on a bike when a speeding tanker hit them from behind,” said a police officer.
In another accident, a 35-year-old businessman was crushed to death by a vehicle in Defence Colony in south Delhi.
Sandeep Gujral was on his way to office on a scooter when he was hit by an unidentified vehicle. He fell on the road and received critical head injuries. He was rushed to hospital, where he was declared brought dead, police said.
“Cash worth Rs.45,000 was recovered from him. His body has been sent for autopsy,” said the officer.
In the third incident, two people were crushed to death in a freak accident in Shahdara area of east Delhi.
Omkar Chawla, 40, his wife Ritu and Sumit Monga, 35, were travelling in a car when one of its doors suddenly opened and Monga fell on the road and was crushed by a speeding truck.
Omkar, who got down to see what happened, also was crushed to death by another truck, police said.
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Two killed, one hurt in two road accidents - Mar 01, 2011
- Seven killed in two Bengal accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- 13 injured as bus falls off Delhi-Noida expressway (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Five-year-old crushed under speeding truck - May 10, 2011
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Biker crushed to death by truck - Jan 22, 2011
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- Truck rams 10 vehicles, eight people killed - Jan 29, 2011
- Two men die in freak Delhi accident (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Truck crushes man, driver held - Jan 24, 2011
- Five Haj pilgrims injured in accident - Nov 25, 2011