Four killed in Nepal blastApril 30th, 2012 - 1:37 pm ICT by IANS
Kathmandu, April 30 (IANS) At least four people were killed and over 10 injured Monday when a bomb went off in a central Nepal town Monday, police said.
According to the police, the bomb went off at Ramanand Chowk in Janakpur district, some 250 km southeast of Kathmandu, when Mithila State Struggle Committee staged a sit-in demanding a separate Mithila state in the new constitution.
The bomb was attached to a motorcycle parked at site where the sit-in was being staged. It is not clear who rode the bike to the site and left it there, reported Xinhua.
The blast triggered panic, myrepublica.com reported.
- Seven Indians die in Nepal plane crash (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Six killed in Nepal road accident - Aug 20, 2012
- At least 7 Indians killed in Nepal plane crash (Second Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 15 Indians killed in Nepal accident (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Nepal crash survivor recalls the horror - May 15, 2012
- The lunch date with parents that was never to be - May 15, 2012
- 15 Indians killed as jeep falls into Nepal river (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- 13 Indians die in Nepal air crash (Third Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Car blast: abandoned bike found in south Delhi - Feb 15, 2012
- 10 killed, 40 hurt in Pakistan car bombing (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Nepali groups own up to killing Indian-origin media baron - Mar 02, 2010
- Kathmandu attacks: Indian media tycoon dead, MD shot at (Second Lead) - Mar 02, 2010
- Nepal PM sacks labour minister - Mar 23, 2012
- Indian tourists duped, assaulted in Nepal - Aug 02, 2011
- 13 Indians die as plane flies into Nepal cliff (Fifth Lead) - May 14, 2012