Four killed in Iraq attacksAugust 4th, 2011 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Aug 4 (IANS) Four people were killed and four others injured in different incidents of attacks in Iraq’s capital city Baghdad, Xinhua reported Thursday.
A policeman was killed Thursday afternoon when gunmen using silenced weapons opened fire on him in Baghdad’s eastern district of Zaiyouna, an interior ministry source said requesting anonymity.
In western Baghdad, a bomb attached to a car went off in Ameriya district in the afternoon, killing the driver and wounding two passers-by, the source said.
In a separate incident, two gunmen were killed and an Iraqi army officer and a soldier were wounded in a clash that erupted late Wednesday night during a raid on a suspected insurgent safe house in western Baghdad’s Ghazaliyah district.
- Nine killed in Iraq attacks - Apr 19, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 06, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Iraq attacks - Dec 20, 2011
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 20 killed, 64 wounded in attacks in Baghdad - Feb 23, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- Four people killed in Iraq attacks - Dec 18, 2011
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 63 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Dec 22, 2011
- Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq blasts - Apr 26, 2012
- 13 killed in Iraq violence - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: anonymity, army officer, baghdad, bomb, clash, four killed in iraq, gunmen, interior ministry, iraq attacks, iraqi army, ministry source, policeman, safe house, soldier, thursday afternoon, weapons, wednesday night, xinhua