Four killed in house collapses in RajasthanSeptember 5th, 2011 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Sep 5 (IANS) At least four people were killed while three were injured in two house collapses in Rajasthan due to a heavy downpour since morning Monday, police said.
According to the police, a three-story building collapsed in Jaipur?s walled city area in which a 20-year old woman and her mother were killed.
?The building was in a dilapidated state with the local municipal officer having already declared it dangerous. A notice had been issued to the family living in it. It seems they were ignoring the warning,? a police officer said. A total of five families lived in the house.
?It was raining heavily here since morning. A portion of the building?s rooftop suddenly caved in,? the officer added.
Chhavi was watching TV with her mother Rani Jain on the ground floor when the incident took place around 3 p.m. Chhavi?s father and brother were out at work.
The whole building came crashing down on the mother-daughter duo. ?They were buried under a huge pile of debris,? said the officer.
?While the body of Chhavi has been recovered, the rescue teams are having a tough time in taking that of her mother out. The operation is still on,? the officer added.
The second incident took place in Udaipur?s Baduna Road area in which a six-year old girl and her father were buried under the debris of a house. Two other children of the family also sustained injuries.
The deceased, identified as Raju, 35, and his daughter Chunni, were killed on the spot. Raju?s wife and two children have been admitted to a government hospital here.
The state has received heavy rainfall since late Sunday due to which some villages in Kota, Banswara and other districts have been inundated.
- Six die in building collapse - Sep 23, 2011
- Incessant rains hit life in parts of Rajasthan - Aug 14, 2012
- Six of family die in Delhi building collapse (Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- 10 killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan bus collision - Sep 11, 2012
- Two die in Pakistan building collapse (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Woman, son die in Lucknow building collapse - Jul 24, 2012
- Seven killed in Rajasthan building collapses - Jun 05, 2012
- Pakistani rescued from rubble after 47 hours - Feb 08, 2012
- Delhi building collapse kills six of family - Jul 14, 2010
- Three die in Delhi building collapse - Aug 30, 2012
- Four kids of family buried alive in Ghaziabad (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- One killed in cloudburst in Himachal village - Jun 01, 2011
- Six dead as heavy rains lash Jaipur - Aug 22, 2012
- Seven killed when building collapses in Old Delhi, India - Sep 28, 2011
- Three die as bus overturns in Rajasthan - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: brother, chunni, debris, deceased, dilapidated state, government hospital, heavy downpour, jain, jaipur, mother daughter, old girl, old woman, police officer, rainfall, raju, udaipur, walled city, watching tv