Four killed in fire at Chandigarh showroom

April 10th, 2009 - 1:29 am ICT by IANS  

Chandigarh, April 9 (IANS) Four people were killed in a major fire that broke out in a photo studio showroom in a busy market here Thursday night, police said.
Over a dozen fire tenders were called to control the blaze at the shop in Sector-22. It took nearly three hours to control the fire.

Goods worth million of rupees have been destroyed in the fire, police said.

According to a senior fire brigade official, 30 people were inside the showroom when the fire broke out.

The blaze was caused due to an electric short circuit, according to preliminary investigations. “Everyone inside the showroom was rescued by our men. Four of the injured were taken to a government hospital. They died on reaching there,” a fire brigade official told reporters.

Two fire brigade officials complained of suffocation and were injured during the operation. They were admitted to the hospital and their condition is out of danger, he said.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |