Four killed in Delhi as truck overturnsMarch 23rd, 2008 - 10:02 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 23 (IANS) An overloaded mini-truck carrying 25 people Sunday overturned on a flyover in west Delhi, killing four people, the police said. “The truck was coming from Azadpur Mandi to Keshavpur Mandi when the accident happened on the Punjabi Bagh flyover. The driver was feeling a little drowsy and lost balance,” a police official said.
There were 25 people in the truck, which was also carrying vegetables, when the accident happened. Eight people were injured. They were rushed to the Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital, where two of them were declared brought dead and two others died later.
The dead were identified as Ali Hussain (18), Ajay (16), Babu (17) and Ishaq (42).
“Of the remaining four injured, one has been discharged and three are out of danger but are still in the hospital,” the official added.
The angry relatives of the deceased created a ruckus at the hospital accusing the hospital staff of laxity. They said the injured were treated only after the police arrived there and the delay led to the death of two.
- Two killed in separate accidents - May 13, 2011
- Haryana health minister among six injured in accident - Jul 09, 2012
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Thirteen die after bus overturns in eastern Zimbabwe - Aug 03, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 14, 2011
- At least 36 die in fatal bus crash in India - Dec 27, 2010
- Five killed in Pakistan road accident - Mar 09, 2012
- 34 killed, 10 injured in road accident in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010
- One killed as school bus collides with mini-truck - Feb 05, 2012
- 16 killed as truck overturns in Gujarat - Jun 14, 2010
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- 34 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Bus accident kills 14, injures 45 in southwestern Uganda - Sep 19, 2012