Four killed as shell in metal scrap explodesApril 27th, 2009 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Patiala (Punjab), April 27 (IANS) Four people, including a woman, were killed and three others injured in this Punjab town Monday evening, as an unexploded shell in a heap of scrap exploded, police said.
A woman was trying to split open the old shell with a hammer at the shop of a scrap dealer in the Lakkar Mandi area of the town when it exploded, killing her and three others.
The three injured were immediately rushed to the Rajindra Government Medical College and Hospital here.
Police officials ruled out any terrorist angle into the explosion, based on preliminary findings. They added that further investigations were in progress.
Senior police and district officials rushed to the spot on learning about the accident.
Patiala is 90 km from Chandigarh.
- Five killed as shell in metal scrap explodes (Lead) - Apr 27, 2009
- Four killed in blast at scrap dealer's shop in Mathura (Lead) - Apr 14, 2010
- Two killed in explosion at scrap dealer's shop - Aug 23, 2010
- Man killed as old shell explodes in Punjab - Jun 13, 2011
- Five injured as naval shell explodes in shipyard - Feb 23, 2012
- Army to destroy 3,500 unexploded bombs - Jun 02, 2011
- 3 teenagers killed, 12 injured in a shell blast - Sep 13, 2009
- Two kids die as live shell explodes in Panchkula - Sep 13, 2009
- Two killed in scrapyard explosion (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- Two killed, four wounded in Kashmir explosion - Sep 20, 2011
- Five killed in Maoist attack - May 05, 2011
- 2 killed as old shell explodes in Punjab scrap shop - Mar 01, 2010
- Seven killed in Haryana accident - Apr 25, 2012
- 3 arrested for Punjab hospital fire tragedy - Feb 21, 2011
- Two wounded in Jammu scrap shop blast - Jul 31, 2012