Four killed, 15 injured in school bus-train collision (Lead)May 20th, 2009 - 12:16 pm ICT by IANS
Jalandhar, May 20 (IANS) Three children and the driver taking them to school were killed Wednesday morning when their bus collided with passenger train at an unmanned railway crossing in Punjab’s Jalandhar district.
Fifteen children were also injured when the Akal Academy School bus that had picked up the students from their homes and was on its way to school met with the accident near Gumtala village near Jalandhar.
“Three students and the bus driver were killed,” Jalandhar district police chief R.K. Jaiswal told IANS.
Eyewitnesses told the police that the driver tried to cross the railway tracks even though the train was approaching.
The injured children were being rushed to the civil hospital in Jalandhar, 150 km from state capital Chandigarh.
- Six students killed in bus-train collision in Punjab (Second Lead) - May 20, 2009
- Three children, driver killed in school bus-train collision - May 20, 2009
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012
- Four students killed, 15 injured as train rams autorickshaw - Jan 15, 2011
- Four killed as school van collides with train in Punjab - May 20, 2009
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- Eight students, driver killed in Haryana accident - Jan 02, 2012
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- Five killed as train hits vehicle - Apr 23, 2011
- Three killed in Haryana school bus accident - Feb 22, 2011
- 11-year-old killed in school bus accident - Mar 14, 2012
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- 38 dead as train rams into bus in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 07, 2011
- Nearly 50 percent of railway level crossings unmanned - Jul 07, 2011
- Two students killed, 10 missing as bus falls into canal - Feb 28, 2012