Four killed, 10 injured as trucks collideJanuary 11th, 2011 - 12:22 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 11 (IANS) At least four labourers were killed and 10 critically injured in a head-on collision between two speeding trucks in Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh district early Tuesday, police said.The accident took place in Gabhana area where the two trucks carrying labourers collided, killing four people on the spot. While one truck was heading towards Meerut from Allahabad, the other was going to Allahabad from Delhi.
“All those killed or injured are labourers. Of the 10 injured, the condition of five is stated to be serious. All the injured are being treated at the district hospital,” Superintendent of Police (City) Maan Singh Chauhan told reporters in Aligarh, some 300 km from Lucknow.
“It appears the trucks collided due to poor visibility as there was a thick covering of fog all around the accident site,” he added.
According to police, the two trucks were laden with iron bars, stones and other construction material.
The driver of the two trucks managed to escape. Police said efforts are on to nab them.
- Two students killed as truck rams into school bus - Jan 28, 2011
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Six killed as bus collides with truck - Jan 19, 2012
- 11 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 19, 2010
- 30 students hurt in Uttar Pradesh accident - Nov 12, 2010
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- Six of a family die in accident - May 23, 2011
- UP accident kills four - Jun 05, 2012
- 25 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident - Jul 30, 2012
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- 18 killed in Uttar Pradesh bus-mini truck crash - May 31, 2012
- Six killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 29, 2010
- 18 devotees killed in Punjab accident (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Four killed as vehicles collide in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 12, 2010
- Nine killed in Zambia bus accident - Jul 20, 2012