Four kids dead in Lahore hospital fire (Lead)June 7th, 2012 - 7:15 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 7 (IANS) A massive fire broke out Thursday in the children’s emergency ward at a government hospital in Lahore, killing at least four children and injuring 21, officials said.
Geo News said 17 children were injured in the fire in Services Hospital that was caused due to an electrical short circuit. The injured children are aged between four and six.
Citing Urdu TV channel Dunya, Xinhua said at least 21 children were injured.
Officials said the incident took place around 3.30 p.m., when there were over 30 children and staff members in the ward. Smoke filled the entire ward after the fire.
Witnesses said the situation became worse because the fire was not extinguished in time because of poor fire-fighting facilities in the hospital.
All the injured children have been shifted to the intensive care unit of the hospital.
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif expressed his condolences to the bereaved families and ordered an immediate inquiry into the incident.
- Four kids die in Lahore hospital fire - Jun 07, 2012
- 45 killed in factory fires in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 10 die in Pakistan blasts (Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Four Shia pilgrims killed in Pakistan gun attack (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Chandni Chowk fire extinguished, four hurt (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Three killed in Karachi violence - Jun 15, 2012
- 14 killed in blast near Pakistan-Afghan border (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- 21 killed in Pakistan drone strikes (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- 14 dead in Pakistan violence (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Four killed in Pakistan bombing - Aug 05, 2012
- PM condoles deaths in Tamil Nadu train fire (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Blasts kill 10 in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Pakistani tribal leader killed in suicide blast (Second Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Five killed as blast hits van in Pakistan - Mar 13, 2012
- Blaze at fireworks factory in southern India kills 38, injures 60 - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: bereaved families, chief minister, condolences, dunya, emergency ward, geo news, government hospital, intensive care unit, massive fire, shahbaz sharif, short circuit, staff members, tv channel, urdu, xinhua