Four Indians killed in Qatar accidentJuly 11th, 2008 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, July 11 (IANS) Four Indians were killed and another was injured when a pick-up truck they were travelling in collided head-on with a trailer truck in Qatar early Wednesday. While three of the Indians died on the spot, the fourth died in hospital, the Gulf Times newspaper reported.
The accident occurred when the pick-up smashed head-on with a trailer truck near the Al Sailiya area in the Qatari capital of Doha.
All the victims were employed with the Saudi Arabia-headquartered National Construction Company.
“I only remember having left the camp in complete darkness with my friends, who are no more now. When I opened my eyes, I was in hospital,” Ethiraj Guruswamy, the Indian machine operator who sustained serious injuries, told the newspaper.
The driver of the pick-up was also injured. The trailer’s driver, a Nepali national, has been arrested.
All the four deceased belonged to villages in and around Kovilpatti in Thoothukudi district of Tamil Nadu. Two of them hailed from the same village.
Efforts are on to send the bodies to India by Sunday evening, the report said.
- 7 killed, 16 injured in Bengal accident - Jun 09, 2012
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- 7 killed, 20 injured in Assam road mishaps - Apr 16, 2012
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Nine killed in Zambia bus accident - Jul 20, 2012
- 11-year-old killed in school bus accident - Mar 14, 2012
- 18 killed in Uttar Pradesh bus-mini truck crash - May 31, 2012
- 25 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident - Jul 30, 2012
- One killed as school bus collides with mini-truck - Feb 05, 2012
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- Two students killed as truck rams into school bus - Jan 28, 2011
- Four burnt alive as trucks collide in Haryana - Jul 28, 2011
- Six killed as bus collides with truck - Jan 19, 2012
- Six killed as trailer rams autorickshaw in Bengal - Jul 09, 2010