Four held running fake maid placement bureauMay 26th, 2011 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) Four people were arrested for duping more than 50 people in the national capital by promising them a domestic help, police said Thursday.
The accused have been identified as Rahul, 35, Yash Kumar, 25, Dev Kumar, 23 and Shanti, 35.
“Sahiba Iqbal Khan complained that she paid Yogna placement services an annual commission of Rs.12,000 and a monthly salary of Rs.2,500 per month for a maid. But the help worked for just one day and ran away,” said a police officer.
“When Khan rang up the company, owner Rahul promised her to send the maid back soon. However, Khan didn’t get any replacement. Later the accused switched off his mobile phones,” added the officer.
Rahul was arrested from Mandi bus stand in south Delhi Wednesday. “Rahul’s accomplices were arrested from Jaunapur, also in south Delhi,” said the officer.
“They disclosed that so far they had duped more than 50 people in Delhi and the national capital region.”
- Fake placement agency busted, three arrested - Jul 29, 2012
- Two held for running fake placement agency - Feb 02, 2010
- Five arrested for duping people with ready maids - Jun 25, 2012
- One held for duping 200 people in Delhi - May 20, 2011
- Former bank staff held for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- Court denies bail to two held in Himachal land racket - Nov 02, 2011
- Gold Sukh fraud: Rajasthan police team to leave for Hanoi - Feb 15, 2012
- Kidnapped toddler rescued, maid and accomplices arrested (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Women arrested for cheating 'husbands' - May 29, 2012
- Five held for kidnapping, killing two boys - Oct 27, 2010
- Abducted toddler rescued; maid arrested (Roundup) - Apr 27, 2011
- Three held for cheating, launching fake companies - Oct 21, 2011
- Accused in multi-million fraud arrested - Jan 29, 2012
- Three held for duping people - Feb 21, 2011
- Two arrested for cheating - Nov 02, 2011