Four held for supplying explosives to MaoistsApril 15th, 2012 - 10:48 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 15 (IANS) Police in Chhattisgarh’s Maoist insurgency-affected western region Sunday arrested four people, including two contractors, on charges of supplying explosives to rebels.
The accused were arrested in Rajnandgaon town, some 75 km from here.
“These four men were supplying arms, explosives and daily-used items to the Maoists for years, we had kept a close watch on them and apprehended them today,” S.K. Rathore, deputy inspector general of police (Rajnandgaon Range), told reporters at a press conference in Rajnandgaon.
He said that police recovered a few arms and Rs.400,000 from Irfan, Mohammed Ahmed Qurashi, Tilak Goyal and Deepak.
- After attack, Chhattisgarh hunts for Maoists - Oct 22, 2011
- Four Maoists held with explosives - Jan 05, 2012
- Maoists kill trader on charges of spying - Mar 21, 2011
- Maoist violence down, says Chidambaram - Jun 14, 2011
- Chhattisgarh heightens security along Maharashtra - Mar 27, 2012
- Maoists blast Chitrakot police post, disrupt Bastar life (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Eight Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh gunfight (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- Maoists blow up new police station in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Maoists kill villager, blast Chitrakot police post (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Chhattisgarh police chief shifted out - Jul 13, 2011
- Maoists kill civilian on spying charge - Apr 09, 2012
- Chhattisgarh fears more red strikes - Aug 20, 2011
- Maoists blow up police station in Chhattisgarh - Dec 27, 2011
- Maoists blast in tourist destination Chitrakot - Feb 07, 2011
- Maoist base destroyed in Chhattisgarh - Aug 28, 2012