Four held for stealing phones worth Rs.1 croreFebruary 12th, 2011 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 12 (IANS) Four members of a gang involved in kidnapping and robbery have been arrested and 2,850 stolen mobile phones worth more than Rs.1 crore recovered in north Delhi, police said Saturday. Amit, 25, the kingpin, Dharmender, 26, Sachin, 22, and Praveen, 22, were arrested Friday from Sultanpuri. One of their associate Pradeep, a resident of Narela, is still absconding.
On Feb 1, 57 cartons of Chinese mobile phones were robbed by the gang from Paschim Vihar area in west Delhi.
“The robbers in a white Hyundai I-10 car intercepted a van carrying the mobile phones, gagged the driver and took him to Haryana before dumping him there. They decamped with the van and the phones,” said a senior police officer.
They posed as recovery agents of an automobile finance company for intercepting the van, police said.
On a tip-off that a gang involved in the robbery of mobile phones would come to Jalebi Chowk in Sultanpuri Friday, police apprehended Dharmender, Sachin and Praveen. “We recovered two cartons of mobile phones from them,” said the officer.
During interrogation, they told police that the remaining 55 cartons were kept in a warehouse, belonging to their associate Amit, in Dighal village in Haryana’s Jhajjar district.
“Amit was apprehended and the remaining cartons were recovered,” said the officer. The car used by them was stolen by them from Narela area.
- Gang of women burglars from Rajasthan busted - Jan 21, 2011
- Man held for stealing 1,680 mobile phones - Jan 21, 2011
- China busts pickpocket gang - Mar 22, 2012
- Seven of bikers gang arrested - Feb 24, 2010
- Man held for supplying illicit liquor - May 06, 2011
- Delhi Police bust biker gang - Sep 13, 2010
- Three-men gang held for robbery - Mar 05, 2011
- 39 held in Karachi for various crimes - Jul 21, 2012
- Haryana murder accused held in Delhi - Oct 05, 2011
- 5 Bangladeshi robbers nabbed in Delhi - Mar 10, 2011
- Gang of highway robbers posing as cops busted - May 31, 2010
- Six robbers planning V-Day celebrations held - Feb 11, 2011
- Car thieves held in Srinagar - Dec 01, 2011
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to jail till Feb 14 - Jan 31, 2012
- Five Bangladeshi nationals held for robbery - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: 1 crore, amit, automobile finance, cartons, chowk, delhi police, finance company, hyundai, interrogation, jhajjar, kingpin, mobile phones, New Delhi, north delhi, police officer, praveen, robbers, robbery, sachin, west delhi