Four held for Rs.3 mn heist in HaryanaOctober 9th, 2010 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Oct 9 (IANS) With the arrest of four youths, the Haryana Police Saturday claimed to have cracked a Rs.3 million (Rs.30 lakh) robbery and murder case in Jhajjar district earlier this week.
A security guard of the State Bank of India who was accompanying bank cash in a jeep was killed in the incident which took place Monday at village Matanhail.
The four accused were arrested from village Silani in the district early Saturday following a tip-off that six youths were planning another robbery, a police spokesman said.
Police said the arrested accused — Ajay, Jai Singh, Devender and Kanwar Singh — were sent to three days’ police remand.
“Two of their accomplices managed to escape. Efforts are on to arrest the remaining accused,” the spokesman added.
A double-barrel gun, an axe, a .32-bore country-made pistol and an Alto car were recovered from those nabbed.
- Rs.40 lakh looted from Haryana farmer - Jun 30, 2012
- Man kills wife, sister-in-law in Haryana - Jun 02, 2012
- Police nab Pune gold-heist robbers - Apr 19, 2012
- Cop's son kills mother - May 02, 2012
- Four held for stealing phones worth Rs.1 crore - Feb 12, 2011
- Accused in multi-million fraud arrested - Jan 29, 2012
- Jeweller's employee held for helping robbers - Dec 22, 2010
- Punjab police bust gang of robbers, arrest 13 - Feb 20, 2010
- Gangster carrying Rs.1 lakh reward killed - Oct 28, 2011
- Proclaimed offender nabbed in Delhi - Jan 13, 2011
- Delhi criminal behind 15 murders, robberies held - Jun 25, 2010
- Teenage robbers arrested in Delhi - Jul 06, 2010
- Five people arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 05, 2012
- Gangster arrested in Ghaziabad - Nov 02, 2010
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
Tags: accomplices, axe, bank of india, barrel gun, bore, chandigarh, devender, haryana police, heist, jai, jeep, kanwar singh, murder case, pistol, police remand, police spokesman, robbery, security guard, state bank, state bank of india