Four held for robbing, shooting recovery agentMarch 17th, 2011 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 17 (IANS) Two shopowners and two of their associates were arrested Thursday for shooting down a recovery agent and fleeing with his bag containing Rs.8.5 lakh in cash in east Delhi, police said.
Mustakin Bhoora, 29, and Zaki Anwar, 23, planned to rob Atul Jain, 35, who worked as a recovery agent in Gandhi Nagar market area.
The duo were helped by Mohammad Arshad, 20, and Nadeem, 21, who worked as labourers in the market.
Arshad regularly monitored Jain’s movement and March 6 informed Naushad that Jain was returning home from the market and was carrying a bag full of cash, a police officer said.
“Naushad, in turn, contacted Bhoora and Anwar who reached Jain’s house in Laxmi Nagar and shot him on the street before fleeing with his bag containing Rs.8.5 lakh,” the police officer added.
“A bag containing Rs.90,000 and a country made pistol have been recovered from them,” he said.
- Trader looted of Rs.8 lakh in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011
- Businessman killed in Delhi - Oct 21, 2011
- Bike-borne men loot Rs.32 lakh - Apr 28, 2011
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Notorious criminals arrested in Ghaziabad - Jun 17, 2012
- Rs.13.66 lakh looted in Greater Noida, one held - Nov 30, 2010
- Two injured in three robberies in capital - Jan 14, 2011
- Man shot at, thrown off flyover by robbers - Jan 10, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- ATM with Rs.10 lakh gutted in Ghaziabad - May 17, 2012
- Tata Motors recovery agent shot, robbed - Oct 27, 2010
- Rs.50 lakh stolen from clerk's house, recovered - Dec 08, 2010
- Trader looted of Rs.16 lakh - May 16, 2011
- Cash, jewellery wowrth Rs.60 lakh looted in Ghaziabad - Jul 20, 2011
- Chandigarh trader robbed of Rs.2 mn (Lead) - Nov 02, 2010