Four held for pushing woman out of trainJuly 25th, 2012 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mysore, July 25 (IANS) Four people have been arrested for allegedly trying to molest a 19-year-old woman and then pushing her out of a moving train in Karnataka, police said Wednesday.
The woman was seriously injured after she fell 25 feet onto a dry riverbed near Maddur, about 65 km from here, police said.
The victim, who works at a garment factory in Bangalore, is currently being treated for injuries in the head, legs and backbone.
Police said she was travelling to Mysore on the Yeshwantpur-Mysore Express Tuesday afternoon when the four men began harassing her and tried to molest her.
To escape them, she moved towards the door of the compartment to get down at Maddur station and file a police complaint. However, she was pushed out of the compartment, police said.
The four accused belong to Mysore.
- Woman researcher's suicide bid over sexual harassment - Mar 07, 2011
- Woman branded as witch, molested in Rajasthan - Jun 25, 2012
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- Woman killed in Bangalore mock fire drill - Feb 24, 2012
- Veerappan's widow acquitted in all cases in Karnataka - Apr 25, 2011
- Woman molested on Delhi-Bhopal flight - Jan 17, 2012
- Yoga teacher arrested for misbehaving with Spanish tourist - Dec 23, 2011
- Shutdown in Kerala town to mourn death of woman thrown off train - Feb 07, 2011
- Chinese woman saved from coming under metro train - Aug 15, 2011
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Mumbai man held for molesting daughter - May 20, 2012
- Hearing on Haryana cop's anticipatory bail plea adjourned - Jun 14, 2010
- Couple arrested for harassing minor maids - Apr 27, 2012
- Death sentence for accused in Kerala rape, murder case - Nov 11, 2011
- Northeastern girl molested in Delhi, two detained - Oct 18, 2011