Four held for betting on World Cup matchesMarch 9th, 2011 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 9 (IANS) A cricket betting racket was busted with the arrest of four people from Rohini area in northwest Delhi, police said Wednesday. They were dealing in bets involving over Rs.3 lakh on World Cup matches.
The accused have been identified as Sumit Thakur, Mahesh Kumar, Kishan Kumar and Joginder Singh, all resident of Jahangirpuri area in west Delhi.
They were apprehended from a flat in Sector-19 of Rohini area Tuesday.
A television set, two mobile instruments with direct line facility and nine mobile phones were recovered from the spot.
During interrogation, they told police that they took bets for the Pakistan-New Zealand match held Tuesday.
“They were using direct line mobile instruments for obtaining the latest fluctuating rates,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police Chhaya Sharma.
- Six held for betting on cricket - Jan 22, 2011
- Four held in Delhi for IPL betting - May 02, 2011
- 17 held for betting on cricket World Cup final - Apr 05, 2011
- 8 cricket bookies arrested in Delhi - Feb 20, 2011
- Man running cricket betting racket arrested - Mar 11, 2011
- IPL betting rackets busted, eight arrested (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Three held for betting on cricket match - May 28, 2011
- Three held for betting on World Cup matches - Mar 08, 2011
- Four cricket betting syndicates busted, 11 arrested - Mar 25, 2011
- Six men held for cheating on pretext of giving loans - Nov 18, 2011
- Cricket betting racket busted, four held - Oct 18, 2011
- Two held for cricket betting - Mar 30, 2011
- Sex racket busted in Rohini, seven held (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Two held for elderly woman's murder - Mar 23, 2011
- Two held for running IPL betting racket - May 25, 2011
Tags: bets, commissioner of police, cricket, delhi police, deputy commissioner, interrogation, joginder, joginder singh, kishan kumar, lakh, match, mobile instruments, mobile phones, New Delhi, new zealand, northwest, pakistan, thakur, west delhi, world cup