Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead)May 18th, 2012 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 18 (IANS) Four people have been arrested for the attack on three judges and their driver here in an incident of road rage, while lawyers in all six district courts of Delhi observed a day-long strike, paralysing judicial work Friday.
Anil Raj, a salesman at a mall, and Rohit, who is jobless, were arrested Thursday, while Anil’s brother Sunil Raj, who sells and buys scooters, and Prashant, a hairdresser, were arrested for attacking the judges Friday.
The accused have been charged, among others, with attempt to murder, Special Commissioner Dharmendra Kumar said.
A Delhi court sent Anil and Rohit to police custody till Monday.
“We condemn the attack on three judicial officers of Saket court complex,” said Kuldeep Sehrawat, chairman of the District Courts Bar Association Coordination Committee.
He told IANS that the Delhi High Court had assured the striking lawyers that proper action would be taken against the accused.
The laywers’ strike paralysed the work at Saket, Patiala House, Tis Hazari, Karkardooma, Rohini and Dwarka district courts.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ajay Garg suffered head injuries along with driver Chaman Lal while Additional District Judge M.K. Nagpal and Additional Sessions Judge Inderjeet Singh escaped unhurt in the attack which took place in Dakshinpuri.
In his police complaint, Lal, the driver, said a motorcycle hit the car Thursday. When he and the judges tried to help the riders, they abused them and threw bricks at the car, injuring him and the judge.
- Attack on judges: Delhi lawyers observe strike - May 18, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges - May 18, 2012
- Road rage: Three judges attacked in Delhi (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Delhi lawyers observe strike on bar council's call - Jul 11, 2012
- Attack on judges: Lawyers threaten strike Friday - May 17, 2012
- Delhi High Court lawyers join strike - Jul 12, 2012
- Three judges attacked in Delhi, one injured - May 17, 2012
- Delhi lawyers to strike work Thursday - Jan 11, 2012
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Lawyers strike work in Delhi courts - Mar 24, 2011
- Mediation settles 60 percent of Delhi court cases - Jun 15, 2012
- Saket court complex misses more deadliines - Jul 09, 2010
- Woman arrested for providing surety on fake documents - Feb 26, 2012
- Gurgaon BMW hit-and-run: Order on police plea reserved - May 16, 2012
- Officials summoned over child workers in court complexes - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: coordination committee, delhi court, delhi high court, dharmendra, district courts of delhi, district judge, dwarka, hairdresser, head injuries, inderjeet singh, judicial officers, judicial work, lal, nagpal, patiala, police complaint, road rage, rohini, rohit, tis hazari