Four Haryana officials held for cheatingDecember 16th, 2010 - 12:24 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 15 (IANS) Four inspector-rank officials of the excise and taxation department of Haryana were arrested here Wednesday for their involvement in a cheating case, police said.They indulged in cheating during an exam conducted by the department Tuesday. The Haryana government has cancelled the exam and announced a fresh exam Dec 24.
According to police, the accused were identified as Pawan Kumar, Ranjeet Singh, Joginder Singh Dhaka and Suresh Sharma.
Police have also booked Additional Commissioner of Excise and Taxation A.S. Malik.
“During the second shift of ‘Sales Tax Act’ exam here on Tuesday, the invigilator caught the four accused officials with chits. The answers written on the chits were in the same chronological order in which the paper was set,” said an official of Chandigarh Police.
“Malik has been detained for questioning as he had set the question paper and there is a strong probability that the paper was leaked through him,” he said.
- 'Personal reasons may have driven Dana to suicide' (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- No evidence of racial bias against Dana: Amity varsity - May 04, 2012
- Amity students hold candlelight vigil for Dana Sangma - Apr 27, 2012
- Haryana police recover 1,062 liquor cases - Apr 22, 2011
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 17, 2012
- Accused of cheating MBA student hangs herself - Apr 24, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to jail till Feb 14 - Jan 31, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to police custody - Jan 10, 2012
- Bhajii evades tax; department issues notice - May 13, 2011
- Minister denies harassing forest officer - Mar 05, 2011
- Gurgaon students hold demonstrations for Dana Sangma - May 01, 2012
- Two held in Punjab for illegally carrying jewellery - Dec 12, 2010
- Hooda reshuffles portfolios of top ministers - Jun 14, 2011
- Teacher thrashed by four students in Greater Noida - Apr 06, 2010
- Tax notice to KXIP - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: act exam, chronological order, dec 24, dhaka, excise, haryana government, invigilator, joginder, joginder singh, malik, probability, question paper, sales tax, suresh, tax act, taxation department