Four guerrillas killed while crossing LoCMay 10th, 2012 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 10 (IANS) Four guerrillas were killed in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday while attempting to cross the Line of Control (LoC), an army spokesperson said, adding that alert troops had foiled an infiltration bid.
The incident took place in Uri sector of Baramulla district.
A defence spokesperson said the operation continued and the identity of the slain guerrillas was being established.
Security forces have already been put on high alert following intelligence reports that separatist guerrillas were planning to infiltrate into the state with the opening of the mountain passes after the snows had melted.
- Infiltration bid foiled, six guerrillas killed - Aug 30, 2010
- Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Oct 09, 2011
- Major infiltration bid foiled, 12 Lashkar men killed (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Four infiltration bids foiled in eight days in Kashmir - Aug 06, 2011
- Soldier killed while foiling infiltration bid - Aug 09, 2012
- Army steps up vigil along LoC - May 20, 2012
- Four infiltrators killed on LoC - Oct 01, 2011
- Army foils infiltration bid in Uri, three militants killed - Oct 23, 2010
- Two militants killed in Kashmir gunfight - Mar 24, 2010
- Over 400 militants waiting to enter valley: Army - May 23, 2012
- Another militant killed in Kashmir's Gurez sector - Aug 25, 2011
- Infiltration bid foiled in Kashmir; soldier, guerrilla killed - Sep 05, 2012
- Six terrorists killed on Kashmir border - May 12, 2012
- Army commander visits forward areas on LoC - May 07, 2012
- Army foils infiltration bid, two intruders killed - May 26, 2010