Four girls consume poison after failing exams, three deadJune 1st, 2009 - 9:26 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 1 (IANS) In an apparent suicide pact, four teenaged girls dejected after failing Class 10 exams allegedly consumed poison in Jaunpur district of Uttar Pradesh. Three of them died while the fourth is in critical condition, police said Monday.
“Four girls this (Monday) afternoon consumed tablets of Sulphas in the Vidhuna town in Jaunpur,” Deputy Superintendent of Police Omveer Singh told IANS by phone. Jaunpur is 250 km from here.
The four girls had come to attend a marriage function along with their parents. On the pretext of going out to play in a park, the girls left the function and attempted suicide.
While three girls died on the spot, the fourth is in critical condition in the district hospital, he added.
- Taunted over dark-skinned bride, groom kills self - Jun 05, 2012
- Chandigarh woman, daughter commit suicide - Jul 24, 2011
- Rajasthan girl killed, lover critical in suicide pact - Jun 27, 2012
- Seven die after eating poisonous food in Bihar - May 14, 2012
- Five Nepali schoolgirls kill themselves after failing in exam - Jun 16, 2012
- Women poisons sons, attempts suicide - Feb 21, 2011
- Girl elopes, father and brother commit suicide - Nov 26, 2011
- Man poisons family, attempts suicide in Orissa - Apr 15, 2011
- Five of a family die after drinking tea - Jan 24, 2011
- Suicide, murder leave six dead in Haryana - Oct 31, 2010
- Bihar food poisoning kills nine (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Two Class 12 girls commit suicide - Jun 11, 2011
- Woman poisons her children, commits suicide - Apr 22, 2011
- Suicides in Gurgaon: Over 100 cases in four months - May 11, 2012
- Pregnant woman kills self, two children - Aug 20, 2010