Four get death for gang rape, murderJanuary 4th, 2012 - 5:33 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 4 (IANS) A court in Mandla district of Madhya Pradesh has awarded death sentence to four people for the gang rape and killing of a woman in March last year, an official said Wednesday.
“Additional District and Sessions Judge Rajeev Karmeha gave death term to Manish, Kuldeep, Sahilesh and Dilip for gang raping a woman Duja Bai in March last year,” government pleader H.L. Badgnia told IANS.
The decision is also being considered one of the fastest in the state, with the verdict coming within 10 months of the incident.
The four abducted the woman from her home in Mandla, some 460 km from Bhopal and gang raped and murdered her. They then hung her body from a tree to pass it off as a suicide.
- Girl kills herself after gangrape, police in denial mode - Mar 22, 2011
- Man slapped by police for trying to register FIR - Mar 23, 2012
- Betul case: Madhya Pradesh removes SP, suspends DSP - Mar 26, 2012
- Deaf and dumb woman gang raped at knife-point - Feb 24, 2012
- Betrayed in love, undertrial hangs himself in jail - Apr 27, 2012
- Kashmiri woman alleges rape by army men - Jul 22, 2011
- Married woman gangraped by six men in Ghaziabad - Mar 24, 2012
- Woman gives birth at railway station - Feb 01, 2012
- Groom marries bride who got raped - Feb 24, 2012
- Delhi court convicts four ex President Bodyguards for Budha Jayanti Park gang rape - Aug 17, 2009
- Court to pronounce quantum of sentence to Budha Jayanti Park gang rape convicts today - Aug 22, 2009
- Widow 'gang-raped' by train robbers in Bengal - Feb 26, 2012
- Teen gang-raped by three in Madhya Pradesh - Feb 26, 2012
- Five rapists of minor get life term - Jan 28, 2012
- Woman beats man to death for harassing her - Jun 20, 2011