Four fall sick after consuming wild mushrooms in AssamApril 27th, 2012 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, April 27 (IANS) At least four people fell ill after consuming wild mushrooms at Borhat under Sonari police station in Upper Assam’s Sibsagar district Friday.
The four ill persons belong to one family, police said adding that the condition of two of them, identified as Palas and Jyoti was stated to be serious.
“They had cooked mushrooms for the meal. Four persons of the family complained of stomach pain and vomiting after having the meal,” Nabin Karki, a neighbour informed.
“The mushrooms were collected from the neighbouring forests, where they grow in abundance. Perhaps they had collected poisonous mushrooms. We took them to the hospital immediately and the doctors termed it to be a case of food poisoning,” Karki said.
Consuming wild mushrooms is very common among people in the area, a predominantly tea -growing region of Assam. Lots of people fall sick every year after consuming wild mushrooms.
- 8 fall sick in Assam after consuming wild mushrooms - Jun 06, 2012
- Toxic mushrooms kill seven, poison 50 in China - Aug 04, 2012
- Wild mushrooms kill three - May 29, 2011
- Witch hunting: Villagers set woman ablaze - Feb 10, 2012
- Nine hospitalized after eating wild mushrooms - Jun 18, 2009
- 3 dead, four injured after consuming sweet dish - May 23, 2011
- Explosives, arms found in Assam - May 17, 2012
- 60 children fall ill after mid-day meal - Sep 14, 2011
- 90 school kids hospitalised with food poisoning in China - Sep 05, 2012
- Five of a family die after drinking tea - Jan 24, 2011
- China bans sale of mud snails after vomiting cases - Jul 20, 2012
- Over 80 fall sick after consuming special flour - Mar 04, 2011
- 10 fall ill after eating adulterated food - Jun 13, 2011
- Food poisoning kills 12 in China - May 10, 2012
- Three die, six taken ill from food poisoning in Kolkata - Nov 29, 2009
Tags: abundance, borhat, doctors, food poisoning, forests, guwahati, ill persons, jyoti, nabin, neighbour, neighbouring, palas, poisonous mushrooms, police station, stomach pain, tea, upper assam, vomiting, wild mushrooms