Four die in Tamil Nadu as hut catches fire

January 25th, 2009 - 2:29 pm ICT by IANS  

Chennai, Jan 25 (IANS) An elderly couple and their two small grandchildren were burnt to death when their thatched hut caught fire from a lighted mosquito repellent coil Saturday night in the suburbs of the city, police said.The incident occurred in a slum area in Madipakkam in the southern suburbs.

The dead are a 70-year-old man, his wife, 60, and two children - aged three and one-and-a-half, police said.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |