Four die from cyanide poisoning in ChinaJune 10th, 2012 - 6:38 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 10 (IANS) Four workers have died and two were hospitalised after being poisoned by cyanide at a chemical plant in east China, officials said Sunday.
The incident took place Saturday in Dongyang in Zhejiang province, Xinhua reported.
One worker was poisoned while cleaning the plating cesspool in the Jinluoma Development Co. Ltd. plant, while five other were poisoned during rescue efforts.
Four workers died in a hospital. The other two in hospital were said to be in a stable condition.
Authorities have initiated safety checks on all electroplating and chemical plants in the region.
The cause of the accident was not known.
- 34 fall ill in China gas leak - Aug 05, 2010
- Three oil plant workers suffocate to death - Jan 09, 2012
- Gas leakage kills two in Ukraine - Aug 18, 2012
- Toxic gas leakage kills two in China - Apr 19, 2012
- Rescue effort on at China high-speed train crash (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Three company officials booked for Thane gas leak - Sep 21, 2011
- 30 fall ill due to China gas leak - Nov 23, 2010
- Poisonous gas kills teen labourer - May 02, 2011
- 34 ill in S. China village after exposure to chemical gas leak - Aug 05, 2010
- 2,000 evacuated due to gas leak in China - Aug 14, 2010
- Two die from toxic fumes at Delhi sewage plant (lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- 14 ill as gas leaks in Chinese plant - Feb 23, 2012
- 23 suffer burns in China plant blast - Dec 18, 2011
- Four die in China chemical plant blast - Nov 21, 2010
- Fukushima crisis level raised to highest level-7 (Lead) - Apr 12, 2011