Four die after gas leak in Orissa steel plantSeptember 1st, 2008 - 3:42 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Sep 1 (IANS) At least four people died and two developed illness after inhaling a poisonous gas allegedly leaked in a steel plant in Orissa’s Sambalpur district Sunday evening, police said. The mishap occurred in the plant of Bhushan Power & Steel Limited located at Thelkoloi village, some 350 km from here.
“Four people died and I saw their dead bodies. They had no injuries” District Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kumar told IANS.
“They have allegedly died after inhaling some poisonous gas” he said. We are investigating the matter although the company has not yet informed us formally about the incident” he said.
Company officials were not available for comment. It was not immediately known whether the deceased were employees of the company or private workers. The two people who developed illness were admitted in a private hospital at nearby Burla town.
- Three company officials booked for Thane gas leak - Sep 21, 2011
- Two die of swine flu in Orissa, toll 19 - Aug 30, 2010
- 8 fall ill after gas leak at Orissa steel plant - Jan 03, 2010
- Steel plant official injured after workers torch vehicle - Mar 03, 2011
- Four killed in gas leak near Mumbai - Sep 21, 2011
- Poisonous gas in well kills three - May 18, 2011
- Six killed as train hits auto-rickshaw - Aug 24, 2012
- One dead, 10 ill after ammonia cylinder bursts (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- Gas leakage kills two in Ukraine - Aug 18, 2012
- Dengue toll rises to 17 in Orissa (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- 14 ill as gas leaks in Chinese plant - Feb 23, 2012
- Swine flu kills one more in Orissa, toll 9 - Aug 16, 2010
- 34 ill in S. China village after exposure to chemical gas leak - Aug 05, 2010
- 11 taken ill after cylinder bursts in Kolkata ice-making factory - Dec 31, 2010
- Chinese national down with swine flu in Orissa - Sep 01, 2010