Four Delhi Police personnel injured in accidentApril 8th, 2012 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) Four Delhi Police personnel were injured after a speeding mini-truck hit the vehicle they were travelling in, police said Sunday.
The incident took place at around 10.40 p.m. Saturday at southwest Delhi’s Dwarka Sector-16.
The policemen were heading towards Sagarpur for conducting a raid.
“While crossing the red light, a speeding TATA-407 hit the police Gypsy from the right side. The errant driver, identified as Ramashish, who has been booked under relevant sections for rash and negligent driving, was arrested from the spot,” said a police officer.
The injured were rushed to Ayushman hospital in Dwarka where three of the victims were discharged after first aid while one is stated to be critical.
The victims, identified as sub-inspector Sunil Kumar, head constable Nawab Singh, constable Kuldeep and constable Lakshmichand, belong to west Delhi’s Chhawla police station.
As Kuldeep’s condition is critical, he has been shifted to Mata Chanan Devi hospital in west Delhi’s Janakpuri.
- One killed in road accident - Dec 09, 2011
- Two die in east Delhi road accident - Dec 28, 2011
- BSF trooper run over by speeding vehicle - Feb 22, 2012
- Delhi cop killed in accident - Jun 29, 2012
- Four held in Delhi MLA's shooting - Jun 03, 2012
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Two killed in accident - Mar 14, 2012
- Three Delhi cops suspended for negligence - Apr 25, 2012
- Security of Delhi legislators to be tightened: Dikshit - Jun 02, 2012
- Delhi legislator shot, critical (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Two killed, seven injured in Agra truck crash - May 11, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills constable, injures another in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Delhi legislator shot, stable (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills a constable, injures another - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: delhi police, dwarka, first aid, gypsy, head constable, kuldeep, mini truck, nawab, negligent driving, New Delhi, police officer, police station, policemen, rash, red light, relevant sections, southwest, tata, west delhi