Four Delhi cops slapped with torture case in GhaziabadNovember 27th, 2008 - 9:45 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Nov 27 (IANS) The Ghaziabad police Thursday registered a criminal case against four Delhi Police officials for torturing and falsely implicating a man, whose truck was stolen, and demanding a bribe from him.The case was registered following orders of a Ghaziabad court on a petition Ghaziabad resident Arshad filed against the Delhi Police personnel.
Arshad filed a First Information Report (FIR) with the Sahibabad police station that he had hired driver Sheetal Puri, who drove away his truck.
The police later recovered the truck and the driver from Barabanki in Uttar Pradesh. Sheetal and the Delhi police personnel - Sukhbir, Ramphal, Satvir and Amit - fabricated a false case and arrested Arshad. “He was dumped into a room at Rajendra Nagar police station,” circle officer S.P. Singh said.
Arshad was tortured and asked to pay a bribe of Rs.500,000. On getting an assurance of payment of Rs.80,000 at his house, the policemen took him to his residence at Ghaziabad where he screamed for help and telephoned the Ghaziabad police control room.
The worried Delhi policemen escaped from the spot, he said.
However, the Ghaziabad police did not register the case and forced Arshad to approach the court of law.
On the court directions, the Sahibabad police later registered a criminal case under the Indian Penal Code against the Delhi Police personnel. The accused are still absconding, Singh added.
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Three Uttarakhand cops held after prisoner escapes - Feb 11, 2011
- Transporter run over by police van for not paying bribe - Sep 08, 2010
- Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad - Sep 21, 2012
- Student run over by train - Jan 29, 2012
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- 5 Delhi cops to be booked for fake drugs case, bribe - Oct 12, 2010
- Driver of retired army officer found murdered - Feb 03, 2012
- Minor raped, thrown on rail line - Feb 25, 2012
- Ex-jail chief booked for prisoner's murder - Oct 21, 2010
- Truck runs over cop in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Man dies in police custody in Ghaziabad, two cops suspended - Jun 13, 2012
- Ghaziabad constable found stabbed to death - Oct 24, 2011
- Book four cops for filing false case: Court - Sep 13, 2011
- Ghaziabad custody death: Autopsy shows contusions on body - Apr 13, 2010