Four Delhi blast accused in Gujarat police’s custodyJune 12th, 2009 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) A city court Friday allowed the custody of four suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists, who were allegedly involved in serial blasts in the national capital last year, to the Gujarat police for probing the similar bombings in Ahmedabad.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja allowed the plea of the Gujarat police to take accused Zeeshan Ahmed, Saquib Nissar, Mohammed Shakeel and Zia-ur Rehman on transit remand.
The court directed Tihar jail authorities, where the accused are lodged, to hand over the four to the Ahmedabad Anti-Terrorism Squad to help it investigate their role in a blast case there.
This is for the second time that the Gujarat police have taken the custody of Delhi blasts accused to probe the conspiracy behind the July 26 blasts in Ahmedabad that claimed 56 lives.
Mohammed Saif, another accused allegedly involved in the serial blasts here Sep 13 last year, is currently in the custody of the Gujarat police.
- Trial in Delhi serial blasts case to begin soon - Nov 26, 2009
- Bail plea of Delhi bombing accused rejected - Jul 15, 2009
- Suspected Delhi terrorist seeks bail for writing exam - Jul 08, 2009
- 2008 Delhi serial blast: 11 accused fail to appear in court (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Court issues warrants against Delhi blasts accused - Dec 08, 2008
- Delhi serial blasts accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 21, 2009
- Can jailed terror suspects write exam, court asks police - Feb 04, 2009
- Rajasthan Police get custody of Delhi blast accused - Dec 06, 2008
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges filed against two - May 15, 2010
- Delhi Police file chargesheet in 2008 serial bombing case - May 16, 2010
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- Court notice for video-link in Delhi blast trial - Aug 08, 2009
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Blast accused seeks bail for MBA exam, court seeks police nod - Jan 30, 2009