Four children killed in Himachal house callapseAugust 17th, 2011 - 12:23 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 16 (IANS) Four children were buried alive when a house collapsed in Himachal Pradesh’s Sirmaur district Tuesday following torrential rains, police said.
“A house in Kanlog village caved in, killing Manisha, Manoj, Aman and Ankush, all below 16 years, on the spot,” Paonta Sahib’s SHO Balak Ram told IANS over the phone.
He said Sunder Singh and his wife, who were sleeping in the adjoining house, were also injured.
According to police, Ankush was the son of Sunder Singh’s brother Jalam Singh. The other three victims were children of Sunder Singh.
The district has been receiving heavy rain for the past few days.
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Himachal towns lashed by heavy rains - Jun 30, 2011
- Heavy rains forecast in Himachal hills - Jul 07, 2011
- Heavy rains likely in Himachal - Jun 26, 2011
- Three more bodies recovered in Himachal disaster (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Eight washed away in Himachal - Jul 07, 2012
- Monsoon active again in Himachal - Sep 03, 2012
- 24 people hit by food poisoning in Himachal - Apr 06, 2011
- One more body recovered in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Dry spell raises temperatures in Himachal hills - Jul 18, 2012
- Himachal accident toll rises to 15 (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Three murders trigger protests in Himachal - Mar 24, 2011
- Himachal gets season's first snow amid rains (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Himachal strawberries reap fruits of love! - Feb 12, 2011
- Landslide kills five in Kashmir - Apr 18, 2011