Four children killed as school bus-train collideJuly 30th, 2012 - 2:53 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 30 (IANS) At least four school children were killed and nearly 20 injured when a local train collided with a school bus in Baba Bakala area of Punjab’s Amritsar district Monday morning, police said.
The accident took place at an unmanned railway crossing near Kot Mehtab village.
The injured students were rushed to a hospital in nearby Beas town for treatment.
Police officials, quoting eye-witnesses, said that the one-coach local train and the school bus were both speeding when they collided.
The victims, aged 10-14 years, were students of Sant Majja Singh School at Baba Bakala town, 30 km from Amritsar. The children had boarded the school bus from nearby villages.
Deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal has expressed deep shock in the accident.
- Three killed in Haryana school bus accident - Feb 22, 2011
- Eight school kids injured in accident - Mar 28, 2012
- Eight students, driver killed in Haryana accident - Jan 02, 2012
- 10 killed in Pakistan bus accident (Lead) - Sep 06, 2011
- Three kids dead, 15 hurt in Russia accident - May 14, 2012
- 12 children killed as bus falls in canal - Mar 20, 2012
- Six killed in Poland train collision - Mar 04, 2012
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- Train derailment in central Poland kills 1, injures dozens - Aug 13, 2011
- 11-year-old killed in school bus accident - Mar 14, 2012
- 20 schoolkids injured in Rajasthan accident - Jul 26, 2012
- 13 school children killed as bus falls in canal (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 11 kids killed in Haryana accident (Second Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- 28 Belgians die in Swiss bus accident (Evening Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- 30 students hurt in Uttar Pradesh accident - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: amritsar district, badal, bus train, chandigarh, coach, deputy chief minister, eye witnesses, local train, monday morning, morning police, nearby villages, police officials, punjab, railway, school bus, shock